These cookies enable us to remember you have used our Services before, preferences you may have indicated, and information you have provided to us to give you a customized experience. For example, this would include ensuring the continuity of your registration process.
Do you know the manners needed in shrines and temples?
Check the list below. We hope your stay in Japan will be memorable!
1. Do you know how to worship when visiting a shrine?
2. Do you know the ‘Temizuya’ located in the shrine?
What do you do there?
3. Do you know the difference between a shrine and a
4. Do you know how to worship in the temple?
5. Do you know about ‘Zen’ in Japan?
Were you able to answer these questions easily?
If you weren’t, you may want to read a little bit more on our ebook.
1. Etiquette in ‘Jinja’ 神社 (shrine in English)
1.1 What is ‘Jinja’?
1.2 Etiquette in a ‘Jinja’
1.3 Famous ‘Jinja’
1.4 ‘Ofuda’ お神札 and ‘Omamori’ 御守り
1.5 ‘Omikuji’ おみくじ, ‘Ema’ 絵馬 and ‘Goshuin’ 御朱印
2. Etiquette in a ‘Japanese Temple’ 寺
2.1 What is a Japanese Temple?
2.2 Etiquette in a Japanese Temple
2.3 Recommended Japanese temples in Tokyo.
3. ‘ Zen’ 禅
3.1 What is ‘Zen’ like?
3.2 Zen Words 禅語
3.3 Shogin cuisine 精進料理
3.4 Current situation of Zen temples
© 2020 J Style Office ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.